Thursday, July 28, 2011

"Saving Grace of the galaxies..."


"There is no neutral ground in the universe;
every square inch,
every split second,
is claimed by God."
                                  —C.S. Lewis



The Lord owns the world and everything in it—  the heavens, even the highest heavens, are His.
                                    Deuteronomy 10:14



"As David gazed into an unfathomably large universe, he realized that it was just finger work for God.  As great as the universe is, God is infinitely greater.  And the human race is nothing by comparison."
                                                          —John Macarthur



"God intends us to enjoy His creation;  that's why it's beautiful.
...We're encircled by an eye-popping, mind boggling, awe-inspiring cosmos, which logically implies there's a Creator who sees, thinks, and inspires awe.
The universe is full of pulsating energy, so its Maker must be omnipotent.  It appears virtually endless, so He must be eternal.  ...Since it's magnificent, He must be altogether lovely."
                                                                              —Robert Morgan



"Dear God, I was terribly lost
when the galaxies crossed
and the sun went dark—
But Dear God, You're the only North Star
I would follow this far.

...Through the galaxies...

...Cue the solar eclipse!
(The sun went dark!)
Summit the sunset...

...Dear God, You're the only North Star
I would follow this far.

O telescope, keep an eye on my only Hope,
lest I blink and get swept off the narrow road.
Hercules, you've got nothing to say to me,
'cause you're not the blinding light
that I need.
Only He is the saving grace
of the galaxies.

...Dear God, You're the only North Star
I would follow this far.
Through the galaxies."
                                      —Owl City,  'Galaxies'

No comments:

Post a Comment