Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Working on Snow costumes

I'm working on putting together costumes for the Snowflake Waltz (from the Nutcracker), which one of the dance classes I teach is performing in December.  So, because some of you have been asking for pictures...  :P  Here you go!  This is what I've been working on over the last 3 days.  Not counting trips to the fabric store.  :P

Enjoy!


Snow hair pieces in progress.  There are around 28 of them, and I have a little over half of them done.  O_o


They look pretty bunched all together.  : )


One of the finished pieces -- I've got to work on the ones with the 3-inch snowflakes now.


Working on the top portion of a bodice -- pinning the pleats on my 'pattern.'  ...And this fabric sheds glitter like there's no tomorrow!  I'll have to see if I can get a picture of how the floor looks with a layer of glitter on it.  B-)


The top part of the bodice is all sewn together.  The waist, which looks very similar, is finished for 1 of the 4 costumes.  Now to finish the others and sew them together...

And...that's all for now.  ;)  I'll post more pictures as I finish things.  We're fitting the bodices to the dancers tonight at rehearsal and checking the hair pieces -- then, on to the decorations!  (which include around 18 iron-on snowflakes and 200 to 500 rhinestones per costume...  :P )

For now, I'm headed back to sewing and listening to music -- while being covered in glitter dust.  :P

2 comments:

  1. Those hairpieces are beautiful, Bree! They are going to look fantastic on all the dancers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mangy! :) I'm very pleased everything is turning out so well - even though it's all time-consuming. :P

    ReplyDelete