We just finished tech. weeks and then all 8 shows of ACT's You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown this last weekend.
All went well, despite many actors not feeling well, 2 almost losing their voices, and one losing her voice entirely. (not a good thing at all in a musical. O_o Esp. one like Charlie Brown, which has a good deal of difficult music in it...) But they were all great about drinking tea, keeping up on honey, slippery elm lozenges, and lemons, and straining their voices as little as possible backstage. :) They sounded great from the stage! Here are a few pictures from the show:
My favorite songs? Definitely Book Report, Glee Club, and Little Known Facts. :P I can't help but laugh every time! Favorite dances were probably My Blanket and Me, and the Snoopy-monologue scene about the Red Baron. :P Heehee!
A book report on Peter Rabbit...
Lucy -- "Peter Rabbit is a stupid book about a stupid rabbit who steals vegetables from other people's gardens. *counting words* 1, 2, 3...15, 16, 17— Hmm, 83 to go."
Schroeder -- "The name of the book about which this book report is about is Peter Rabbit which is about this— *thinking* Rabbit. I found it very— *cross out words* I liked the part where— *cross out words* It was a— It reminded me of Robin Hood!"
Linus -- "...In this report, I plan to discuss the sociological implications of family pressures so great as to drive an otherwise moral rabbit to perform acts of thievery, which he consciously knew where against the law..."
Charlie Brown -- "If I start writing now, when I'm not really rested, it could upset my thinking, which is no good at all... I work best under pressure, and there'll be lots of pressure if I wait til tomorrow. I should start writing now... But..."
Lucy steals Linus' blanket
Glee Club
"Home, home on the range,
*Lucy - "Gimme my pencil!"
where the deer and the antelope play.
*Linus - "Not on your life!"
Where seldom is heard a discouraging word,
*Sally - "What did he call me?"
and the skies are not cloudy all day..."
No comments:
Post a Comment