Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy Birthday, C.S. Lewis

  Happy birthday
       to my favorite author of all time:

                                 C.S. Lewis
 
 
  ...Oh boy will I ever have a lot of questions to ask him in Heaven!!
   Born November 29th, 1898, in Belfast, Ireland.

  “Apparently this Oxford don and Cambridge professor is going to be around for a long time; he calls himself a dinosaur but he seems to speak to people where they are.
                                                                           --The Washington Post Book World
  “C. S. Lewis understood, like few in the past century, just how deeply faith is both imaginative and rational.
                                                                                     --Christianity Today
         South Down area of Northern Ireland
 
I have seen landscapes, notably in the Mourne Mountains and southwards which under a particular light made me feel that at any moment a giant might raise his head over the next ridge.
  That part of Rostrevor which overlooks Carlingford Lough is my idea of Narnia.  ...I yearn to see County Down in the snow; one almost expects to see a march of dwarfs dashing past. How I long to break into a world where such things were true.
 
                                                                                      --C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment