Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Hobbits and Autumn and things

Since yesterday was
                 Hobbit Day  (September 22nd)


THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY, Martin Freeman, 2012. ©Warner Bros. Pictures/Courtesy Everett Collection


  ...and today is
               the first day of Autumn,
(castle inspiration for Sleeping Beauty's castle)  Top 5 Pins: Fall Traveler’s Bucketlist | HelloSociety Blog
  ...I thought I'd put together a combined post on the subjects.  :)  Enjoy!




  'Earth's crammed with Heaven,
and every common bush afire with God--
But only he who sees takes off his shoes;
the rest sit around and pluck blackberries.'


                                                                            --Elizabeth Barrett Browning
lady-halibuts-chambers:    fat-birds:    L.A. Arboretum 3.26.11 1 by Marcie Gonzalez on Flickr.     Bird, you are so tiny and perfect.
  "Well the moon moved past Nebraska and spilled laughter on them cold Dakota hills,
and angels danced on Jacob's stairs--  Yes, they danced on Jacob's stairs...

There is a silence in the Bad Lands,
and over Kansas, the whole universe was still,
like the whisper of a prayer...


  And a single hawk burst into flight, and in the east, the whole horizon was in flames--
And I feel the thunder in the sky,
I see the sky about to rain,
and I hear the prairies calling out Your name."


                                                             (Calling Out Your Name  --Rich Mullins)
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—  I took the one less traveled by,  And that has made all the difference.                    Robert Frost
  'Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
 And that has made all the difference.'
                                                     -- Robert Frost
hekatetrivia:    Dreamcatcher




  Someday I will get the chance to plan in advance and host a hobbit party myself -- instead of my usual oh-it's-Hobbit-Day-and-I-missed-throwing-a-party-again...  Oops.  :P







  "[People believe] it is only great power that can hold evil in check - but that is not what I have found.  I have found it is the everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay.  Simple acts of kindness and love.
  Why Bilbo Baggins?  Perhaps it is because I am afraid— and he gives me courage."
                                                                             --Gandalf


~     ~     ~


Hobbit Adventure


  'When God chooses imperfect means to accomplish His perfect purposes, let's recall that He indeed has done the choosing-- and that ought to be enough for us.
  ...God is in control, and, like Bilbo, we may reach our goals by the only road that was any good after all.'
                                                                                   (--A Hobbit Devotional)


~     ~     ~


  And lastly, a well-known Tolkien quote to take a moment to think on...
LOTR quotes are good!

No comments:

Post a Comment