Sunday, November 9, 2014

Bringing down walls

  On this day, 25 years ago (three years before I was born)
                                                                             the Berlin Wall came down.
 
  Which reminds me of this verse:
 
  Indeed, we live as human beings, but we do not wage war according to human standards.
  For the weapons of our warfare are not merely human, but they have divine power to destroy strongholds.
  We destroy arguments and every proud and lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.
                                                                                    2 Corinthians 10:3-5
 
              ~     ~     ~
  "I will not fear the terror of night
nor the arrow that flies by day--
Your love is enough.
 
  I will not fear,
but live in Your rest,
for You know what's best for my heart;
I am safe in Your arms.
 
  I will not fear."
 
                                          (--from a song)
              ~     ~     ~
 
 
  By You I can crush a troop,
                              and by my God I can leap over a wall.
  This God-- His way is perfect; the promise of the Lord proves true; He is a shield for all who take refuge in Him.
                                                                                                Psalm 18:29-30
 
 
  "Our God is greater;
our God is stronger;
God, You are higher that any other!
 
  Our God is healer;
awesome in power--
Our God; our God!
 
  And if our God is for us
then who could ever stop us?
And if our God is with us
then what can stand against?"
 
                                          (--Chris Tomlin, Our God)

No comments:

Post a Comment