I should be an exception to the universe.
Does not the thunder praise Him as it rolls like drums in the march of the God of armies? Do not the mountains praise Him when the woods upon their summits wave in adoration?
Does not the lightning write His name in letters of fire?
And shall I, can I, silent be?'
--C. H. Spurgeon
'Drop Thy still dews of quietness
till all our strivings cease;
...[in] the beauty of Thy peace.'
--John Greenleaf Whittier
and He will draw near to you.
James 4:8
"Though we are but a vapor, you and me, and tiny and frail—
we are marked by Majesty."
--Louie Giglio
Many, O Lord my God,
are the wonders which You have done.
And Your thoughts toward us;
There is none to compare with You.
If I would declare and speak of them,
they would be too numerous to count.
Psalm 40:5
No comments:
Post a Comment