Monday, September 14, 2015

9-11 reflection



  Well, I didn't get to post this on 9-11, but I wanted to share a quick thought in reflection anyway.

  Our church has been reading through the Old Testament these last months, and we're currently in the book of Deuteronomy.  (soooo much great stuff in that book!)  What I was reading on 9-11 really seemed to fit;  why it amazes me that God has such perfect words for us on exactly the subject He's been talking to us about all day, I have no idea —in Scripture, in quotes, in conversation, even in fiction I'm reading at the time— but I'm always still amazed.  :)
  Anyway, here's what I was thinking on on 9-11, mainly regarding turning back in prayer when we've strayed and the nation is beginning to fall apart.  He is the only and the best Hope anyone, country or individual, could have.


  If only you will strictly obey the voice of the Lord your God, being careful to do all His commandment that I command you today.
  For [then] the Lord your God will bless you, as He promised you, and you shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow, and you shall rule over many nations, but they shall not rule over you.
                                                                                               Deuteronomy 15:5-6


  ...Hmm... I feel like we're teetering on the edge of this; we've not been obeying the commands of the Lord, so we're sliding into this 'borrowing from other nations' and 'being ruled by other nations' on a fast downhill slope.  Only turning back in repentance on our knees (to our God who longs to bless us!) will bring us to this place;

Remember 9/11

  But I will hope continually
                                           and will praise You yet more and more.
...With the mighty deeds of the Lord God I will come;
            I will remind them of Your righteousness, Yours alone.
                                                                                           Psalm 71:14,16
 
9/11 tribute september 911 terrorist attack HD Wallpaper

  "Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side;  my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right."
                                                                                            —Abraham Lincoln


                              --All pictures belong to their original owners/creators, as always.--

No comments:

Post a Comment