So I put this little poem-ish thing together a few weeks ago, (as with other things like this I've done, much of it is pulled from Scriptures I've been thinking on) after attending a pre-screening of the new movie 'Risen', coming out on February 19th, 2016. (more on that another time -- but you should go see it. ;) ) Watching this film brought out, in a round-about way, something I'd been puzzling with for a while.
It's so neat when God brings bits and pieces of seemingly unconnected personal growth and shows you how it's all part of something else, something bigger He's working with you on, something you'd never grow in on your own. It makes such a beautiful picture when it's complete; and then each picture connects with the next and the next until we reach Eternity. :)
Anyway, here's another little reflection/poem-thing I hope you enjoy, though I've not gotten to sit down and really refine it yet. ;)

Brave, Not Fearless
By Bree M. M. -- written 11.5.15
'Perhaps I will never be fearless
as I walk the earth,
seeking Your face--
living my part in Your plan.
But I see the command You gave
is to be strong,
to be courageous--
to follow Your call despite
fear, not without it.
That I can do;
mine is the best Helper
in eternity.
If I can only grasp knowing
You give no more
than You've made me strong enough
to take...
Only what You've given me
the strength for...
Then any fear
would shrink in size;
a thousand doubts
would melt to nothing.

Lead me on to Your Country,
where my faith grows wild
and trust in You
knows no boarders.
I've longed to run to
Your North Star
all my life--
to the Country I was made for--
but all along I've been afraid.
Lift me on Your wings
and make me free!
Without fear,
no enemy can have power
over me, for I set only You
before my eyes.'
~ ~ ~

Send out Your light and Your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to Your holy hill and to Your dwelling!
Psalm 43:4


No comments:
Post a Comment