Sunday, January 31, 2016

New year thoughts for 2016

  Well, I hoped to put this up a couple weeks ago, but life happened.  :P  So anyway, here, on the last day of January, 2016, are some of the thoughts and verses I'm pondering in this new year.  What are you all thinking on??


Thus says the Lord of hosts: "Let your hands be strong, you who in these days have been hearing these words from the mouth of the prophets..."
                                                                            Zechariah 8:9a


The Lord delights in those who fear Him, who put their hope in His unfailing love.
                                                                         Psalm 147:11 

'There must be at least one
on this earth who preserves
the idea, one impractical fool
who will not bend the knee but
chooses to turn the cheek.
...One who longs for the Appearing.'

                                                                         —John Blasé, 'At Least One' 

...And with the horse galloping in the foreground!!:

Return to your stronghold, O prisoners of hope; today I declare that I will restore to you double.
...On that day, the Lord their God will save them, as the flock of His people; for like the jewels of a crown they shall shine on this land.
                                                                         Zechariah 9:12,16


"Quit making noise,
and lend an ear to the silent Voice—
and trust in the Hope of a thousand ships
tossing out on the sea.
...Quit making noise,
and become still for the silent Voice.
Quit making noise, and wait."
                                                              —The Myriad, 'Forget What You Came For' 


They shall be like mighty men in battle, trampling the foe in the mud of the streets; they shall fight because the Lord is with them, and they shall put to shame the riders on horses.
...'I will make them strong in the Lord, and they shall walk in His name,' declares the Lord.
                                                                         Zechariah 10:5,12


I keep my eyes always on the Lord.  With Him at might right hand, I will not be shaken.
                                                                         Psalm 16:8 


'Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons,
              but they are helpless against our prayers.'
                                                                          —J. Sidlow Baxter

Aslan.:

And He said to them, "Why are you afraid?"...
                                                                                             Matthew 8:26a 


  ' "Susan,"  ..."You have listened to your fears, Child," said Aslan. "Come. Let Me breathe on you. Forget them.  Are you brave again?"
  "A little, Aslan," said Susan.'
                                                                         (—C.S. Lewis, 'Prince Caspian') 


He will come to us like the rain, like the spring rain watering the earth.
                                                                         Hosea 6:3 

"What happens next?
...It's unbelievable—
This is as good as it gets!
It's unbelievable;
don't know what's gonna happen next.
It's unbelievable;
you haven't seen nothin' yet—
It's unbelievable, it's unbelievable!"
                                                          (—Owl City, 'Unbelievable')


(All pictures, quotes, etc. belong to their original owners, as always.)

No comments:

Post a Comment