Thursday, May 31, 2018

Inspired by Scripture poem

  I haven't composed one of these in a little while, but the first half of this inspired-by-Scripture poem started running through my head all the sudden when I randomly woke up at around 3am, while my family was in San Diego this past week.  It was just too clear in my head to let go until morning.  One of those rare, really real moments when the still, small Voice is almost tangible.
  I might re-work it a bit sometime, but thought I would share it as it is for now.  Enjoy it.  It feels a little like warm honey to my soul.


Pre-dawn Anthem
—written 5.28.18 - 5.31.18—

O Lord, be my Everlasting Comfort;

my rear Guard,

my Father, in whom is no variation or shifting shadow. 

My only trust, my confidence;

my ever-gracious Shepherd. My Chaser. 

The unmoved Rock I cling to, 

my joy’s foundation. 

Mighty to save. 

Be the Mover of mountains,

my deep, sure well of strength.

A Guide in the darkness, the Preserver

of my life; a mighty Fortress 

and ever-patient Teacher. 

Move my feet on a level path

and instruct me to dwell in You. 


Be the sun on my face, the dawning Light of righteousness;

my peace, my Healer, a flood

of steadfast Love. 

On Your shoulders carry me

over uncertain places.

Give me trust

knowing You see 

all things; their start, their end, their story—

You remember that I am dust,

but You still see

the rising of our eternal souls,

our truest being, at the Healing 

of all harms,

at the Sunrise of Forever. 


Let me look no where else, for nothing more, with no hesitation—

but full in Your unblinking, ever-loving Eyes. 

Be my All and my Everything,

my very sustenance of soul. 

~     ~     ~



(Poem, pictures, and thoughts are my own.  No sharing without permission, please.)

No comments:

Post a Comment