Thursday, January 16, 2020

12 Days of Christmas -- for me (2 of 2)

  ...Despite finishing this days and days ago, I'm just now getting the second half up.  The last 6 Days of Christmas:

Another view of "our" deer.


—Day 7—
  The first 7 words of this verse:
Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
                                          Isaiah 41:10 

—Day 8—
  The first season (8 episodes) of The Chosen.  This powerful new show has given so many people, including me, a very personal, real, beautiful look at Jesus and the people who walked with Him that is neither “Hollywood-ized” or turned to stained glass and haloes.  Absolutely beautiful and soul-stirring. 

—Day 9—
  The number of different dance outlets I have per week this Fall through Spring.  The exact number always changes, year to year, but my love of and joy in them does not. 
  Some I teach, some I take myself, some I co-direct that only run half of the year, but I still think and plan and work on and prepare for all year though.  That’s really the case with every one of them, in varying degrees.  They inspire me, grow me, wear me out and fill me up, sometimes all at the same time. 
  I absolutely love all that I get to do with dance; 21 years and counting. 

—Day 10—
  Maybe cheesy, but... The 10th month: October.  We may not get much of a fall up here in the mountains, but when we do, even for a couple days, it’s glorious.  And magical. 

—Day 11—
  Isaiah 58:11
    The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame.  You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.

—Day 12—
  So much can happen in 12 months, and this last year hasn’t held anything back; sometimes in joy, sometimes difficulty, so many times unknowns and waiting.
  But ultimately, “I know the One in whom I have believed, and I know that He is able to keep that which I have entrusted to Him.  (2 Timothy 1:12)  And I live to tell the stories He presses on me. 

“When all is said and done, and we’ve built our greatest machines, there will still be someone to tell you a story, and someone to write a beautiful piece of music. ...One word: Story.”
                                                                          —Hans Zimmer 

“Life and death of a culture is dependent on
who is telling the stories.
                                                 —John Fornof

No comments:

Post a Comment