Friday, August 10, 2012

Hello again! :P

Whew!  It's been quite a while since I had a minute to post something!  (quite a while for me, at least)  I've been wanting to post something about the Waldo Canyon fire ever since it was contained -- I couldn't gather my thoughts for the life of me before it was contained, but maybe I'll have a chance now...

Anyway, my weeks have been packed solid since mid-July, mostly with running dancer auditions & auditioning (for acting) myself for ACT's ( www.aoct.net )  The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe  production this fall.

The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe

(if you're in Colorado on the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd of November, you should come see it!  ;) Tickets go online soon, & they do sell out!)

I decided pretty last-minute to see if I could audition, so I was scrambling to memorize lines & get myself ready, though I really thought I wouldn't get cast.  But the audition went well, & the next day I was called back to read for Susan, the White Witch, & a Unicorn.

Call-backs were fun, but long (9am-3pm, plus I had to cast dancers after that) & emotionally exhausting when it came to the White Witch stuff;  I guess being evil, then deceitfully sweet, then evil again is hard work!  :P

Then, I was surprised to learn that I had been cast as the White Witch!  O_o  Wow!
(our director was surprised too - neither of us really knew I could pull off that kind of stage acting, especially with this character!)

So now I'm a weird combination of excited & nervous, along with very busy, especially since I'm doing the dancer choreography too. (evil laughing &/or screaming never was my strong suit...  :P )  But we have a GREAT cast --in an incredible Aslan, a very cute Lucy, my 16-year-old sister is Mrs. Beaver, & she plays the part so perfectly, & my 10-year-old brother is a mischievous Sprite(a dancer), just to name a few.

And I can't wait for the 2 evenings of stage combat/sword fighting we get to do at the end of the month.  :D  Maybe I'll be able to get some pictures from that to post...

No comments:

Post a Comment