Saturday, August 18, 2012

Run across the desert

This is something I was thinking about the other day -- it turned into this during my quite time, and I thought I'd share it with you;

We spend all our lives running over what feels like a scorching desert--

with it's oasis' few and far between,

just trying to reach the cool river that is Heaven on the other side

before our strength gives out.
It's that promise of refreshment at the end of our journey

that keeps us going

over mile after mile of seemingly endless grains of sand.


What we do not realize is that Heaven is no simple river,

not just a place to quench our haunting thirst;

But it is the very Garden of Eden,


Paradise,




waiting for us across all that heat of blistering sand.

Would we not run with much more vigor

over our miles of sun-beaten grit
if we realized what we were headed for on the other side?





Paradise River Mount Rainier National Park Washington US



"I am the raindrop falling down,
always longing for the deeper ground...

Even in my dreams
I am restless, I am restless.
I am restless,
looking for You.
...I run like the ocean to find Your shore;
looking for You.

...Running hard for the Infinite...
I am restless,
looking for You.

...more than just a feeling,
I can feel You reaching,
pushing through the ceiling...
Until the final healing -- I'm looking for you.

I'll be waiting,
             anticipating
all that I aim for--
                   What I was made for.

With every heartbeat, all of my blood bleeds,
running inside me,
                     looking for You."
                                                       --Switchfoot, Restless

No comments:

Post a Comment