This one came as I was just waking up the other morning -- so I popped my eyes open to write it down (in that very-hard-to-read "morning handwriting" with very little light :P) before I could forget any of it. The second half started coming together after going to see The Thorn again this year. It's still a bit rough, and I'm messing with the wording and how it flows, which is really taking its time to flesh out, but I hope you enjoy it in spite of its under-construction-ness. :)
Isn't it beautiful how God sometimes whispers to us in the very still, quiet morning hours, before our minds can get clouded with a million things?
A Song in the Morning
For I tell you, I cannot wait
to set my hope on God;
my trust
on the God of my salvation—
For He is my strength,
my shield,
my righteousness.
I will sing of His steadfast love
in the morning;
His unending faithfulness
with every breath.
He is greater
than the world of my struggle.
His great Love crumbles every obstacle,
defies every expectation;
To rend the whole of heaven and earth
and come down
because He loved me—
Every fiber of my being cries
"How vast— Unmeasured— boundless!
Far too wonderful for me.
How can I contain it?"
My soul with break
before I can begin to take it in;
To think what Love has done
to bring me back from where I fell.
What He has done
to fill my heart with laughter
and overflow my mornings with shouts of praise.
To walk with me again
and forever,
and until the world is set right.
--by Bree Mielke, written 3/26/15
No comments:
Post a Comment