Saturday, August 1, 2015

What I've been up to... part 1

  Ok, so it's the end of July (!!) and I haven't posted anything yet this month...  And I really don't post many pictures of what I'm doing...  So I thought I'd take care of both those things in one, (though they'll have to be spread between two posts :P ) and give you a quick what-I've-been-doing-in-July update.  ;)


  (Ok, technically these first ones aren't from July...  But who doesn't want to see chipmunks and hummingbirds?!?)


At St. Elmo -May, 2015 photo IMG_2296.jpg


  We took a weekend family-mini-vacation a couple of hours away in the mountains, and while we were out there, decided to visit the St. Elmo ghost town a little ways up the road.
  Well sadly, the ghost town wasn't much to see, but the tiny General Store had a couple of hummingbird feeders that were absolutely SWARMING with well over 2 dozen red-throated broadtails, which I was in love with.  ;) (of course they were too fast for many good pictures...)  And there was a little woodpile across the road where we heard you could sit and have chipmunks eat out of your hand.  Well sure enough...


 photo IMG_2332.jpg
At St. Elmo -May, 2015 photo IMG_2334.jpg
  They'd just run and hop all over you if you were sitting down, and happily eat the sunflower seeds we held out.  Super fun experience!!  ^_^  My sister was tickled pink...


At St. Elmo -May, 2015 photo IMG_2325.jpg


          ...And now, back to July...
 photo 2015--Zoo1.jpg
  We went to the zoo one lovely afternoon, and got to meet the sweetest (and softest!) little Wallaby joey - and while I was watching the cute little baby, my sister decided to take a picture of the peacock up in the tree behind me -- it didn't like to be ignored, so it would squawk every once in a while, just to be sure he was spotted.  :P


 photo IMG_1430.jpg  Amy, Bree, Stephie - 2015 photo Amy Bree Stephie--Ren Fest 2015.jpg
  I went to the Renaissance Festival two different weekends, with some very special, very sweet girls.  :)  (more on that in another post soonly...)


  And my sister and I have been keeping at it with aerial silks, and she's still waaaay ahead of me.  :P  (and of course I'm still dancing -- though I haven't gotten pictures of that in a while... Hmm...)  I'm on the right side of the picture in these.
 photo Silks July 2015--2.jpg
 photo Silks July 2015--4.jpg


  ...And my favorite, a Neck Hang on the aerial hoop...  (dramatic drumroll, please!)
 photo Silks July 2015--1.jpg
  (...yes, the hoop does hurt most of the time -- it's just athletic tape-wrapped metal...)


  Another weekend we had a few younger friends we've known for years through acting over, and ended up playing in and canoeing on the lake most of the time, which was lots of fun.  :)
 photo IMG_2386.jpg


  Much of the time was spent catching Spring Peeper frogs -- including one that still had a tiny tadpole tail.
 photo IMG_2388.jpg
 photo IMG_2392.jpg


  ...And some pictures coming in the next post from the last weekend, when we got to go up to South Dakota for a wedding and enjoy Custer State Park...  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment