We went to a wedding for our dear friends the Saffells. Peter and Erika chose a beautiful setting in Custer State Park. (Don't you love it when siblings snap pictures when you're not expecting it? :P)
I loved the choice of decorations, especially out in that beautiful log pavilion.
Sometime we're definitely going back up to Custer State Park when we have more time to enjoy it. There wasn't a spot in the whole thing (ok, in what we saw of it) that wasn't stunning. And Needles Highway has some awesome rock tunnels (barely, barely big enough for cars to get through!) and a million breath-taking views I'd love to see again, when it's not half way dark and we're not hurrying to get somewhere.
(You can't really tell, but that's a picture of one of the spots used in the filming of National Treasure 2, the part where they're 'behind Mt. Rushmore' looking for the eagle thing on the giant rock, (right near the middle of the picture, at the back edge of the lake) though Mt. Rushmore is several miles away. I can't say I love National Treasure 2, but it's still neat to see any film location in person. ;) )
And of course we had to visit Mt. Rushmore, which is always such an amazing sight. (great picture Bryce took!)
Sibling picture! (I don't care to think about the fact that Bryce is already nearly my height, and he's only 13...) Pretty busy day at the park, and super, super HOT!! Everybody kept darting into any and every spot of shade they could find. :P
On the drive home, just outside of Custer State Park, we stopped to watch several hundred buffalo, making all kinds of crazy noises lumbering around on both sides of the road.
They're soooo much more active than cattle in a pasture. O_o Don't think I've ever seen them in the wild... Especially not this close!
They really didn't like any car trying to drive by at anything faster than a 5 mph crawl, and made sure to run and stand directly in the road, right in the way of any car that tried anything faster. XP Eventually they'd amble back off the road, but they certainly had to let everyone know who's boss!
A little further on, we crossed a bridge with this beautiful sight. I could have wondered down there for hours! <3 <3
...So there we have it -- that's what I did in July... Now hopefully I can get going on the other half-dozen posts I've wanted to throw together... :P
No comments:
Post a Comment