Oh wow.
I don't think there's really any other way to respond to this: Answers In Genesis is building a life-size replica of Noah's Ark in Kentucky!
Ark Encounter
Ark Encounter
They've already purchased over 800 acres of land for the Ark Encounter -which will eventually include 8 other large Bible-themed exhibits as well. (a pre-Flood walled city, a float-through-history ride, live animals, and a 1st-century city, just to name a few)
The planning is well underway, and the Ark itself is scheduled to open in spring of 2014.
How exciting! I almost squealed when I found out about this project... :P (I only have a slight obsession with the Ark :P ) If at all possible, I'd love to go help with some of the building of this massive piece of history... We'll see, but I'm determined to try! And anyone who wants to join me is more than welcome to! ;)
I'm excited about this project, too! The Creation Museum is great, and has a lot to offer in itself, but an entire park...wow! Very excited, and like you, I'd love to work on the ark as well.
ReplyDeleteWonder what Noah's thinking/will-think about all this?
We'll have to get together a group of Ark builders to go out there & help! ;)
ReplyDeleteGood question... I guess we'll have to ask him when we get to heaven. ;)
2014? Wowzers. Dunno if I'll be able to wait that long. >.>
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing, Bree. That sounds really cool. ^.^
I know. XD But I'm glad it's only 4 years, not something like 14. :P
ReplyDelete