I've noticed recently that many of my favorite songs have to do either with God's faithfulness and relentless pursuit of the human heart, or our standing firm by His strength in the midst of our 'storms' —or both.
So I decided to post the lyrics to two of those kind of songs. They're the kind of song I listen to over and over again, just to try to take them in. The kind that run much deeper than they first appear to, like this verse so many of us are familiar with:
Be still, and know that I AM God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.
Psalm 46:10
Be still— stop, wait for Me in silence. and know that I AM God— let Me show you who I am; the King of the universe, the all-powerful Creator who loves you dearly, beyond all you can comprehend.
'Still, my soul, be still.
And do not fear,
though winds of change may rage tomorrow.
God is at your side—
No longer dread the fires of unexpected sorrow.
God, You are my God!
And I will trust in You and not be shaken.
Lord of peace, renew a steadfast spirit within me
to rest in You alone.
Still, my soul, be still.
Do not be moved
by lesser lights and fleeting shadows.
Hold onto His ways,
which shield your faith
against temptation's flaming arrows.
God, You are my God!
And I will trust in You and not be shaken.
Lord of peace, renew a steadfast spirit within me
to rest in You alone.
Still, my soul, be still.
Do not forget the truth you learned in the beginning.
Wait upon the Lord
and hope will rise
as stars appear when day is dimming.
God, You are my God,
and I will trust in You and not be shaken.
Lord of peace, renew a steadfast spirit within me
to rest in You alone.
I rest in You alone. In You alone.'
-'Still, My Soul, Be Still' by Keith and Kristyn Getty
- - - - - - - - - - -
'You won't relent until You have it all—
my heart is Yours.
...I'll set You as a seal upon my heart,
as a seal upon my arm.
For there is Love that is as strong as death...
And many waters cannot quench this Love.
You won't relent until You have it all—
my heart is Yours.'
-'You Won't Relent' by Misty Edwards
Have you ever heard "Calmer of the Storm" by Downhere? Me thinks you would like that one. ;)
ReplyDeleteHmmm, no, I haven't. But I shall have to look it up. *ninja* Thanks! ;)
ReplyDelete