Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!


A note for all the great dads out there, (especially mine!) who've got nerves of steel & hearts of pudding;)


It kills you to see them grow up. But I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn't.       --Barbara Kingsolver

A father carries pictures where his money used to be.       --Author Unknown


"A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society."       --Billy Graham

'The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.'       --Henry Ward Beecher

'Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope.'       --Bill Cosby


A Little Fellow Follows Me

A careful man I ought to be,
A little fellow follows me.
I dare not go astray,
For fear he'll go the self-same way.
I cannot once escape his eyes,
Whatever he see me do, he tries.
Like me, he says, he's going to be,
The little chap who follows me.

He thinks that I am good and fine,
Believes in every word of mine.
The base in me he must not see,
That little fellow who follows me.

I must remember as I go,
Thru summers' sun and winters' snow.
I am building for the years to be,
In the little chap who follows me.

                                 --Rev. Claude Wisdom White, Sr

                  ~   ~   ~

"We were made to be courageous,
we were made to lead the way...
Where are you, men of courage?
You were made for so much more--
let the pounding of our hearts cry,
'We will serve the Lord.'


We were made to be courageous,
and we're taking back the fight.
We were made to be courageous,
and it starts with us tonight

The only way we'll ever stand
is on our knees with lifted hands.
Make us courageous--
Lord, make us courageous!

Seek justice,
love mercy;
Walk humbly with your God.
"

                                 --Casting Crowns, Courageous

No comments:

Post a Comment