
Yes, this one was bound to come sooner or later. ;) I really do love castle architecture, & love collecting books on the subject. For this post, I thought I'd share some of the most stunning & beautiful castles & fortresses from various places around the world. I'll include the names & locations on as many as I can.
It's a rather long post, but whatever. :) Enjoy!

Eilean Donan castle, Scotland
Inside the Palace of Versailles, France. Not my favorite from the outside, but some of the inside rooms are breathtaking.
Château de Chillon, Lake Geneva, Switzerland


Neuschwanstein castle, Germany
...No castle collection would be complete without it, and a hundred-million pictures never seem to be quite enough.
Lawenburg Castle, (Lion Castle) Kassel, Germany
Lichtenstein Castle, Germany
Burg Eltz Castle, Germany
Hohenzollern Castle, Germany
Dunguaire Castle, Ireland
Biltmore Estate, North Carolina, USA
The largest privately-owned home in the US today.

Boldt Castle, Heart Island, New York, USA

Windsor Castle, England

Mespelbrunn Castle, between Frankfurt and Würzburg, Germany

Werfen Castle, (Hohenwerfen castle) near Salzburg, Austria

Unknown
Inveraray Castle, Scotland
Hluboka Chateau
Cochem Castle, Germany
Dunrobin Castle, Sutherland, Scotland
Peles Castle, Romania

De Haar Castle, Netherlands

Huniad Castle, Romania
Ashford Castle, Ireland
Glamis Castle, Scotland
No comments:
Post a Comment